Sunday, November 15, 2009

Painting again


Feeling better today! The antibiotics started to take effect on Friday and I've been working on this acrylic off and on since then. It's a real mood lifter to be able to do something constructive after laying about for so long.
Gisela and Peter, our B&B guests from Germany, if you are checking in with this blog you'll recognise the photo you took that I used as a reference for this painting.
Today its pouring down rain, the tail end of some southern storm, but I'm not bothered a bit. I'm thankful for a pile of books by a nice warm fire, for feeling more chipper, and for modern medecine.

5 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

Kathi, this is marvelous!!! I love it .. the brilliant mixed blue background and the strong highlights on the sides of the gulls!!!

it is a real beauty..

Lovethiscottage.blogspot.com said...

Thank you Gwen, it's good to feel useful again!

JulenaJo said...

Kathi, glad you're feeling up to painting again. I love the gull painting. The interplay between light/shadow is fantastic.

Lovethiscottage.blogspot.com said...

Hi Jo, After I posted the pic I realized I hadn't done the feet properly. So I have fiddled with the painting some more and now they have webbed feet as seagulls do. A touch of golden light on the piling helped too. Always hard to know when I'm finished.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love what you've done with this. You created great drama with the values and colors.