Sunday, August 30, 2009

Gotcha!

Finally after trying for over a week to catch the mama of this family of five, here she is. What an intelligent and wily critter!
Every morning I would find the bait gone and the trap sprung, and upended as her signature. I tried tying the peanut butter sandwich in place with multiple wraps of baler twine, only to be foiled repeatedly. She got every last crumb without ever stepping on the incline plate that would drop the door. Finally she was caught with a McGyver contraption consisting of a plastic container of peanut butter tied to a string that went up through a pulley and connected to the door dropping device. I dont feel all that smart since I was outwitted by a rodent for 10 days.

5 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

hey capture!! but now what are you going to do with all your spare time !!! haha


.........I know... what spare time!!!

Lovethiscottage.blogspot.com said...

I'm gonna watch my corn get ripe, thats what! No, I better not get too confident or some more raccoons will surely move in.

Lovethiscottage.blogspot.com said...

I'm gonna watch my corn get ripe, thats what! No, I better not get too confident or some more raccoons will move in.

JulenaJo said...

Raccoons can be so clever! Are the babies still attacking your corn? Or did you get them too?

Lovethiscottage.blogspot.com said...

I think I got the whole family Jo, mom, Dad and 3 kids. I'm getting nervous...the corn is still not ripe.